Thursday, July 3, 2008

let me live.....





“O mother” , why did you give birth to me? If you did so, then why did you marry me to a stranger? O mother was I a burden on you, if not so then why didn’t you allow me to enjoy my childhood? You know mom, he beats me daily, abuses me verbally and what not he forces himself on me…mom…I hate my life with him. I want to be free of this relationship. I don’t understand all this. I am not asking you anything except food for two times and clothes to wear. Mom…I just need this… mom…I want separation… I request you for this……..mom you always said that you loved me. Mom if really you loved me then why did you send me away from you .mom….my each night is like a hell….that stranger doesn’t allow me to go anywhere, he doesn’t even allow me to play with other friends..he verbally assaults me… he drinks n beats me regularly with a whip…..i always call you to save me..But you don’t come..Why mother?




It pains me a lot when he whips me. i cry every night ……… ..i call you first…then god…but both of you have become so cold-blooded that you both now don’t hear my cry….mom have you become deaf? mom why have you closed your eyes? why cant you see the tears in my eyes?....mom..what has happened to you??? mom think of those times when playing with my friends if I had got a minor injury…….you used to get troubled….whenever I cried, you used to comfort me….now when I cry n call you….you don’t even pay a little attention to it…..mom..Why have you become so unkind to me…..

Mom..People say..that I am going to become a mother….mom…..it pains me a lot..i want to get free of it…..mom..i am still…11-12.yr old …mom..i feel the agony when I carry so much of weight on me…mom..i don’t want this….those people ask to me work like a donkey. I don’t like it.mom when I refuse them, they beat me......my life has become a misery….


Mom when you married me to that person…you should have told that how my life is going to be?....that man doesn’t behave well with me….he always makes me work for him..i hate him….mom….why didn’t u tell me that how a woman become pregnant….i would have run away from that house….i would have happily lived somewhere else….. why didn’t you make me aware of my married life?.......

Mom people say we are poor .mom is being born in a poor family a curse ?if not, then why people say so?.....mom are we not human beings….why this world looks at us like this….why don’t they understand that even we have dreams….why there is so much of inequality in this world………mom why all things happen to us only?


Mother am I a curse on you?..is being a daughter a curse on parents? mom I want to live freely….i want to go to school..i want to become something..i want to take you out of poverty…I want freedom .i want to touch the sky.......Mom I beg you my childhood…i ask u for my life..i beseech you a pardon for a being a daughter..mom…I plead you to give me my childhood ….mom I want to play with others….mom listen to me….…don’t be so brutal …..listen to my heart and feelings…listen to me……..mom where are you….. please ..mom......i plead for my childhood, I want to live happily….i hate that man..i hate my life with him………make me free……I want to fly……I want to …………..

28 comments:

at0m said...

interesting.... very interesting..

dEEPs said...

Bravo !! a very poignant and literatim true post.

I donno what to comment...:( some social issues make us speech-less.
Late Raja Ram Mohan Roy made rule against this but still due to lack of literacy some are suffering from this and there is no any ease way to hinder such mentality , except to implement hard and fast rule.!

Amit Aggarwal said...

senti :( (after reading this article)

ishqia said...

my god.. in india do people still get married at such early age.. and getting pregnant at 11 - 12.. oh i cant explain how i am feeling..

those girls are so help less..

great post.. why did u think of writing on this..

preetisoni said...

@atom
welcome....:)to this blog

preetisoni said...

@deeps
after raja ram mohan roy, there were many who raised their voices against this. which worked well..and people stopped doing this, but still in some parts of our country child marriage is still practiced. child marriage act was introduced long ago...which helped to some extent in curbing this...but not exactly...what is needed is education and awareness about ...which still remains a distant dream for some Indians...:(:(

preetisoni said...

@amit
:)

preetisoni said...

@ishqia

yup...it is about rural india. there is a huge gap between urban india and rural india..what world sees is that India is shining..:) and we feel proud of it...but the other India is diminishing day per day, and we have no time to look for it. becoz this india doesn't contribute much to our economy..this india doesn't make us proud of it..this India lacks resources..this India is poor, hungry and jobless..:(...

@why i wrote on this....
some two years back i went to my village..it was after 6-7 years that i went there. so one day during one night (around 1 o clock) i heard that a woman was crying..i asked about it why it is so..and i got a reply that..it happens most of the times..u need not to worry..i donno why i had this curiosity in mind to visit her place and look at her who is she..when i went to see her the other morning i was shocked to see, she was a girl of barely 11-12 year old.. who was beaten by her husband and mother-in-law.her husband age was around 30-35 plus.i asked her lot of questions...and this story is ....what she told me..how she feels there..:(:(:(:(i also had a thought to write about her in our local news paper but ..due to time constraints i had to return back......just few days back while going through news paper i came across another story which was similar to this..so i recalled it back and wrote it..:(

preetisoni said...

@
ishqia

you know ishqia..when i talked to her first time she didnt tell me anything.then i promised to meet her in fields to play with her in evening time. she agreed. there i realized that this girl was so tender at heart, with her tiny and delicate features she was just like any other kid...of her age whose most of time goes in playing with dolls.. but god made her matured before her age.

ishqia said...

oh.. its really sad.. how really different each persons life is.. some so happy with everything and some with nothing at all.. we can just pray for her.. and thanks to god for how he has blessed us.. thanks for that elaborate reply..
may allah help such girls..

Hemanth Potluri said...

omg ....india is movin bac in the case of child marriages...but something has to be done...no one comes forward includin me..we r all hopeless until someone raises such a voice that the whole world hears it out..but ..i have no words..

good post preethi ...nice to hear it from u....

DK said...

hey u had presented a very true picture of current india....
I really appreciate u 4 writing this article.
One more thing i want 2 say on those who r amazed after reading this articles...
either they r living out of india or never come out of their homes.Sorry but I am saying like this becoz such things r not only seen in villages and small town but also in big metros and if u don't believe ....... just go to the railways station or outskirts in ur cities. I have seen this in big cities like Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
And i just want to ask u all who will come forward to change this...
U ME OR HUM.......
AnyOne please tell me....

Ashish Soni said...

Wah :)

such a deep thinking and emotional touch....

prajyot said...

yeah..i agree that many people in india still get married at early ages,even when they know that therz a specific age limit for marraige to happen...!!

i even know raja ram mohan roy had a fight against this,but people have left this into pages of history...nope one bothers to reveal those pages back,in present..!!

nope one can stop this untill the persons himself/herself get awared.!!

Hemanth Potluri said...

hey ..preethi u not visitin my blog not posting wat happen :(

Hemanth Potluri said...

hey preeti wer r u buddy missin u so much come bac yaar...wer is ur post no comments also ...

urs..hemu

bunty said...

a gud one................



jyada kuch nai likhoonga bas ye kahoonga k



being a daughter is not a curse on parents..........but in present time,,,being a daughter of poor parents is really a curse.......




whom do u think is responsible 4 dis?????????????
are d parents???????

well i dont think so.........are they too fight 4 there survival........nd i m sure..they were unable 2 make her alive.......instead of killing her they do this nd..............



shayad ek galti ki us ladki k parents ne......"use janam de kar".......

bunty said...

are haan ek aur baat...........khud ko parents ki jagah imagine karo or batao tum kya karti..........jab tumhe maloom h ki tum use paal nai sakti......???????????????

bunty said...

a gud one................



jyada kuch nai likhoonga bas ye kahoonga k



being a daughter is not a curse on parents..........but in present time,,,being a daughter of poor parents is really a curse.......




whom do u think is responsible 4 dis?????????????
are d parents???????

well i dont think so.........are they too fight 4 there survival........nd i m sure..they were unable 2 make her alive.......instead of killing her they do this nd..............



shayad ek galti ki us ladki k parents ne......"use janam de kar".......

preetisoni said...

ishquia
ya allah hope so..that god may look after them

preetisoni said...

hementh
thanku

yes it is happening..but wat to be done..n these practises are existing from long time....

preetisoni said...

dk
tu hai bahit senti ho jata hai:):)..haan per jo mene likha vo sach hai....jo mujhe bhi..nahi hazam hua but reality is reality n no one can change it..mera observation uske bad se change ho gaya hai.

preetisoni said...

ali
:):)

preetisoni said...

prajyot
but awareness kon layega unme?
we need to do something na to make them aware?

preetisoni said...

bunty
ohh my sweet brother....
:)
so nice to hear from you after so many days.
nahi i dont agree ki being a daughter of poor parents is a curse..nahi.....if something is curse then the view of the society and people. galti hai hamari ki we are unable to make them aware of population conrol..which results in 6-7 kids a home or in muslims this no is 10-11, so ultimately a man starts thinking a girl a curse if he is unable to bring her up.

DK said...

@preeti
hey..don't say no one can change it.....
rather say i will change it..........
...we will change it,together.....
i know it is hard reality......
But i believe in, everything that is present becomes past...oneday
n it will also.
@why m so senti abt this.....
becoz i want to change all this as soon as possible...
maybe, i m not able to change all this......but at list i will try upto my maximum limit.........
[loo fir se santi ho gaya......but i am not able to control ..]

Hemanth Potluri said...

hey preethi updated check it out..

yamini meduri said...

this is the first time that i am reading u
but i have tears in my eys after reading this
i think every word it true yaar

i have some similar thought for the world
read them in ma blog